About Me

My photo
A Catholic stay-at-home wife and mother who is learning to value the beauty of homemaking by preparing meals from scratch with real food according to traditional principles, sewing/altering her own clothes, DIY decor projects, and reading books in her spare time, but most of all trying to be the virtuous woman from Proverbs 31.

Sunday, May 19, 2013

"Like the sun rising in the heights of the Lord...

...so is the beauty of a good wife in her well-ordered home" -Sirach 26:16

This verse inspires me in my homemaking aspirations- homemaking is meant to make a woman beautiful! It is to create beauty all around her for those whom she loves, thus making herself beautiful. Lately I have been meditating on the art of homemaking, how it truly is an art, though it is becoming a lost art, sadly.

This weekend I was at a lovely bridal shower for my sister-in-law, and the theme was fitting: 'My Favorite Things About Homemaking'. Several of the ladies mentioned how they did not particularly like keeping house, but they liked making things beautiful. The hostess mentioned that she specifically chose the word 'homemaking' to describe the theme of the shower, because homemaking is not just keeping house, but rather, it is making it a home and making it beautiful for loved ones.

This blog will document some projects in my homemaking adventures. It will also be my motivation to complete some long delayed undertakings. I hope it may inspire others to labor at the art of homemaking, for it is truly a labor of love, and our calling as wives and mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment