About Me

My photo
A Catholic stay-at-home wife and mother who is learning to value the beauty of homemaking by preparing meals from scratch with real food according to traditional principles, sewing/altering her own clothes, DIY decor projects, and reading books in her spare time, but most of all trying to be the virtuous woman from Proverbs 31.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Grain-free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Even though I'm not technically 'grain-free', I've been making some items without grains just because it's easier than soaking/sprouting, etc., which I believe is necessary to properly digest grains. Some people, like the Wellness Mama, believe that grains cannot ever be properly digested, which I want to research some more, but for now I do eat some grains (mainly brown rice and sprouted grain English muffins). 

Anyway, I wanted to share this recipe with you because it's really good and for those who are trying to eat less grains or grain-free, it's a great option! I don't think those who've tried these cookies even knew that they were grain-free. They are also very soft and the chocolate chips are luscious!




Here's where I found the recipe: 

I did everything the same as the recipe except I used dehydrated coconut sugar instead of cane sugar.

And yes, Wellness Mama again! I love her site. Check it out and get your fill of nutrition, exercise, and general health information! Some of my favorite posts are :


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have just decided to go grain free and am looking for new recipes to try to satisfy my sweet tooth. =)

    ReplyDelete

  2. You're very welcome, Rachel! Here is another recipe you might like, and it is delicious! I make it weekly! http://wholesomesweeteners.com/Recipes/recipeindividual.aspx?RecipieId=328

    ReplyDelete